- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses OnShow.com.au.au or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of OnShow.com.au.au.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from OnShow.com.au if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does OnShow.com.au Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We occasionally employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that OnShow.com.au, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of OnShow.com.au and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of OnShow.com.au, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
OnShow.com.au gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with OnShow.com.au for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such OnShow.com.au features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of OnShow.com.au, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use OnShow.com.au?
If you are under 18, you may use OnShow.com.au only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit OnShow.com.au, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Queensland. If you have any concern about privacy at OnShow.com.au, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Terms and Conditions will change also. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide such information when you search, buy, hire, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through OnShow.com.au; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; provide employer information when opening a corporate account. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers); content of e-mails to us; and financial information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at OnShow.com.au include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications, and address book); payment settings; e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order notifications, Delivers, and newsletters); recommendations (including recent product view history, and prior order history); and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Requests, and Recommendations, and personal profile).